If you’re disabled or
have a long-term illness, you won’t be charged VAT
on products designed or adapted for your own personal
or domestic use. Also, you won’t be charged VAT
- The washroom, bathroom and sanitaryware goods MyTub
supply which are designed or adapted for a disability.
- The installation and any extra work needed as part
- Repairs or maintenance.
- Spare parts or accessories.
Qualifying products or services
us for more clarification but products designed
or adapted for a disability qualify. For example, certain
- Toilet products
- Washroom products
- Bathing products
- Medical appliances to help with severe injuries
To get the product VAT free your disability has to
qualify. For VAT purposes, you’re disabled or
have a long-term illness if:
- You have a physical or mental impairment that affects
your ability to carry out everyday activities, eg
- You have a condition that’s treated as chronic
sickness, like diabetes
- You’re terminally ill
You don’t qualify if you’re elderly but
able-bodied, or if you’re temporarily disabled.
You’ll need to confirm in writing to us that
you meet these conditions. Please complete these two
Information taken from the .gov.uk